Hair salon business has always been one of the most competitive businesses around. Although a lot of people need the service, you'll be going up against a lot of competitors who will definitely try to win the business of your potential clients and even your regular customers. Of course, you don't want this to happen. So, you'll need to find new effective ways to promote your services and to widen your reach without burning your pockets on your advertising cost. My advice is to promote your business online using Twitter. Here's how you can do that:
1. Before you register with Twitter, I'd like you to have your own website first. This is where you can discuss the services that you offer and this will act as your online store that your potential clients can visit should they need information about your business. If this is not an option for you, a blog will do. There are several free portals and templates that you can make use of.
2. Research and learn. Although "twitter marketing" is relatively simple and very straightforward, I would still recommend that you do in-depth research to understand the whole process. Read other articles like this one, visit relevant blogs and forums, and read eBooks written by social networking experts. The more information you gather and the more techniques you know, the more likely you'll get amazing results from this endeavor.
3. Sign up with Twitter. Just like with any other social networking site, you need to sign up before you can "socialize" with other members. This will just take a couple of minutes. What I suggest is that you use the name of your hair salon when registering your Twitter name. Then, make use of enticing image that will best represent your business.
4. Follow people. Look for people who are known in your chosen industry. You would want to follow industry leaders, "fashionistas", and other big names in hair salon business. When you do this, these people may follow you back. Don't go crazy though when following people. You don't want to follow hundreds or thousands individuals in one day.
5. Establish your expertise. Start tweeting information related to your business. You would want to share good news, in-depth information, insider tips, and you would want to offer expert advice. Why? It's because your goal here is to be known as an expert in your niche so people will consider you a great source of useful information. When that happens, several people will follow you and these could be the ones who are in need of the services that you offer.
6. Be active. Check your twitter account several times per day not just to tweet but also to socialize with those people who are following you. Provide answers to their questions, talk about their problems, offer solutions, share interesting stories, etc. Also, be interested with what other people are talking about. Join their discussion and be sensitive when replying. You don't want to offend anyone. Be friendly and cordial at all times.