There are a lot of details that go into planning your wedding, from flowers to venue to music to food and beyond. It can be a daunting task to take on but one that is worth it in the end. One way to keep yourself sane during the planning process is to focus on some of the more "fun" details. Yes, ladies, we are talking about hairstyles. It is imperative that you have a good hair day on your wedding day and the way you are going to make sure that happens is to play with a few different styles and find the one that is going to suit you and the mood of the day best. There are three factors that go into determining the best hairstyle for your big day:
2.Your wedding style
3.Your hair length
With your dress, you need to consider the way the bodice and back are sitting on you. For example, if you have a dress that you want to make sure is seen in all of its detail, you may consider an updo in order to accommodate that goal. Your wedding style may also dictate how your hair should be done. If you are having a very formal affair then you will want your hairstyle to reflect that intention. The length and cut of your hair will ultimately be a major factor in determining the best hairstyle. However, with today's access to attractive and affordable extensions and hair pieces, you may find that you can do more than you expect.
Keeping these factors in mind, here are five hairstyles that may work for you:
- Classic French Twist A french twist will work on most hair types and lengths. It will expose your neck and shoulders, allowing you to show off your dress and your newlywed glow. A classic french twist can be modified to suit your wedding style. If you are having a casual gathering then you can choose to let a few pieces fall out of the twist to add a breezy quality to the style. Or you can accessorize the twist with strategically placed flowers. The same can be done for a more formal affair by substituting hair jewels instead of flowers.
- The Giselle Supermodel Giselle Bundchen has the sexy, wavy hairdo perfected. If you want to embody that same modelesque quality at your wedding, take in a picture of Giselle's beachy, wavy hair to your stylist and see if they can recreate it for you. Wavy hair that falls down your back is romantic and conjures up images of fairytale princesses. If you want to feel like a princess on your wedding day, you can't go wrong with this hairstyle.
- Braided Beauty Braids are making a big comeback these days and are seen everywhere from the red carpet to grocery shopping. Make your braid a red carpet braid and add to the glamor of your day. Whether you have simple braids from each side of your head meeting in the back to create a half-updo or if you decide to have a long braid down your back, this look is the perfect combination of sweet and sexy.
- Simply Sleek Maybe you have really curly hair and you want to have a different look on your wedding day. Or maybe your hair just won't hold a curly style no matter how much hairspray you use. Then a simply sleek look is a perfect hairstyle for you to try out. Working with your stylist, use plenty of serum and product to give your hair an almost glass-like shine. Making your hair super shiny will give it a look that is different from the everyday hairstyle and increase its "wow" factor.
- Dramatic Details Some brides may choose an antique hat that their grandmother wore. Others will want to incorporate a unique headband. Some may want flowers to be the standout. Others will have a set of hairpins that steal the show. Whatever accessory you choose, if you want to have dramatic details highlight your hairstyle, keep the rest of your hairstyle to a minimum. Create a clean base, free of flyaways, and let your dramatic details do the talking.